Friday 22 July 2011

Pink {Ink} Sketch Challenge Time

Hi all, hope you're having a lovely Friday, the weekend is here, yay!!! You know how I said my vacation would start today? Well, I was stressing so much at work yesterday trying to get everything done that I decided to go into work this morning to finish it off, rather than give myself high blood pressure and a few more grey hairs ;o). But this afternoon was pampering time: getting my hair done, shopping, all fun things to kick off my vacation!

Now, would you believe it's already time for the second Pink Ink Sketch Challenge, those two weeks have flown by! We had such lovely entries as well, a real joy to see the marvellous creations made with Jane's sketch :D! And now it's our Kellie's turn, she's also the sponsor of this challenge and if you've ever visited her online shop Tickled Pink Stamps then you know it's gonna be a great prize!

Here's my take on Kellie's sketch. I've made a card for my nephew, it was his birthday on Tuesday and of course he gets a handmade card, even though I do not like making cards for boys/men, as I'm not allowed to use flowers or lace or other pretty things ;o). I do tend to over-compensate with other stuff so...you might think it a bit strange...*lol*. I just don't have any embellishments for these kinds of cards...hmmm, that might just be an excuse to go shopping :D!


Card Ingredients:

Stamps: Digi from Spesch Stamps; sentiment from Papertrey Ink
Paper: Bazzill Basics cardstock kraft, white; My Mind's Eye "Stella and Rose: Hattie Collection"
Embellishments: BoBunny buttons; We R Memory Keepers eyelets; brads; string; scrapper's floss
Tools: Kars border punch; My Favorite Things Die-namics Banner Day
Copics:
E00, E51, E93, E21 (skin, cheeks)
E44, E43, E42, E41 (browns)
BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10 (blues)
W5, W3, W2, W1 (greys)


Okay, that's enough chattering from me, hope you have a lovely day and a great start to the weekend, see you tomorrow for the
Simply Sassy Release Blog Hop!
!

Hugs,
Erica

4 comments:

Bernadet said...

wat een schatje Erica!!

Yvonne said...

Mooie kaart weer Erica.

Kellie said...

I looove this Erica I love how you took the sketch and made it your own! What an inspiration to all joining us :)

Hugs Kellie

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Een heel mooi en leuk kaartje Erica. prachtige kleuren. Fijne vakantie, geniet ervan.
Groetjes van Jacqueline