Sunday 7 August 2011

Simply Sassy Sunday!

Hi everyone, today I have made a flower-less card...I know right, I didn't think that was possible either ;o), but somehow or other flowers just didn't suit. So after a lot of trying I left them off, being somewhat gobsmacked at my own decision!



I got the design for this card from DoCrafts Creativity magazine, I love some of the ideas in there and there's always a free gift which, being a Dutch person, I really appreciate of course :-p. I am one for giving credit where it is due, I really don't like it when people rip off other people's ideas and pass them off as their own. Like when I opened a Dutch craft paper yesterday I saw some of the pages from my Simply Sassy Christmas Tale booklet had been taken almost "verbatim" (even the paper line and the stamps were the same!), and published under someone else's name as her work. It's just not on and it makes me sad...


Anyway, back to my flower-less card:




You can't see the sentiment because, well, I took the picture wrong, but it says "Girly You Rock", which I thought was very appropriate ;o). Isn't this little cutie so adorable! She can be used for so many kinds of cards too!


Card Ingredients:

Stamps:
Simply Sassy "
Lost in Music"; sentiment by Papertrey Ink
Paper: Bazzill Basics cardstock white; My Mind's Eye design paper Lime Twist: Life of the Party
Embellishments: Zva Creative pearl swirls; Kars adhesive pearls; string; charm
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Circle and Scalloped Circle large
Copics:
E00, E93, E21 (skin, cheeks, lips)
Y28, E53, E50 (hair)
BG15, BG13, BG11 (turquoise bits)

Right, that's it from me for now, hope you have some lovely crafty time set aside for today, see you soon :D!



Hugs,
Erica

8 comments:

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

gave kaart weer, vind dat uitklappen erg leuk!

Anja said...

een schitterende kaart.ook al heb je geen bloemen gebruikt.
Groetjes fijne zondag.
Anja

Harriët said...

Zelfs zonder bloemen weet jij er nog wel een hele leuke kaart van te maken.

Mijn Engels is niet zo goed maar begrijp uit de tekst dat je in een blad 'jouw werk' onder andermans naam zag.Dat is echt erg.Jij hebt zo'n eigen stijl (en dat bedoel ik positief hoor...).Haal jouw kaarten in de Cards Only er ook altijd zo uit.En dan wil een ander daar mee pronken.Ik heb ook wel eens iets van je (bijna)nagemaakt uit bijv. de Cards Only of van je blog maar dat laat ik dan nergens zien.Heb niet eens een blog...
Kan je daar niets tegen doen?

Fijne zondag verder!

Groetjes uit Spijkenisse,
Harriët

marion said...

Wat een uitdaging, zonder bloemies ! Het is wel een schitterend resultaat ! Liefs, Marion

Astrid said...

Een schitterende kaart Erica, ook al is hij zonder bloemetjes :)

groetjes Astrid

Paula L said...

This is gorgeous Erica, I love the clever folds, and the lovely pearls.

Paula xx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, beautiful card Erica.
luv
Debby

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Erica this is absolutely stunning! What a sweet Simply Sassy image this is....love her! I haven't inked up the Simply Sassy stamps that I bought a few months ago but your card has totally inspired me to ink them up! I love the step fold design you have used too. I was wondering if you have the measurements/instructions for this card? I would love to give it a try. Thanks!
Hugs,t